Chalk Box

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Foul

sunday scribblings challenge

Trying to sign up for googlemail today, that was foul. Tried fifteen times, wasted half an hour of my life, then discovered it had worked the first time. The new bike I ordered finally came yesterday - found I had to make it myself. MAKE a bike! If I could do that I wouldn't have ordered one, I'd have crafted my own from bits of old garden furniture and sticky back plastic. The week old coleslaw I rescued from the back of the fridge for my lunch today - that was pretty foul. I tried to disguise it with some fresh ham and potato salad, but if you don't hear from me again you'll know why. The zombie film I'm watching is superb, but the blood, blue tinged skin and brain tissue splattering the screen isn't the only foulness featured. Acting doesn't seem to have been the main concern in George A Romero films from the late 1970s. But foulest of all - and I've checked the definition in Webster's dictionary and this definitely counts, despite the lack of physical stinkiness and gore - is that my best friend in all the world is sad. She keeps updating her status on facebook. I've just visited, and her current update reads 'Mary just wants the nightmare to end now please', making my own update 'Laura has a papercut' look ever so slightly... well, foul.

9 Comments:

  • well laura,, this is my first time here,, and it was a distinct pleasure.... hope to hear from you on SS again soon.....

    By Blogger paisley, at 7:48 PM  

  • excellent post. we all have different levels of foul in our lives. A paper cut counts for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

  • I found your post pretty refreshing to read. Hope the coleslaw agreed with you. Moral of the story..never ever eat fouled food.

    fouled up, have you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 AM  

  • Oh. Glad to have met you. I opted not to write on "foul" and am finding such amazing, refreshing, interesting takes on it in reading through the list (backwards). It is foul when a friend is miserable and there seems nothing we can do. Hope she (and you) feel better soon.

    By Blogger GreenishLady, at 7:12 AM  

  • The coleslaw did it for me. How do things end up going foul in the back of the fridge? Totally unfair. It's not like you left it on the counter in midday heat... Nice post.

    By Blogger Tumblewords:, at 11:11 AM  

  • Wonderfully foul! Great read

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM  

  • hi Laura,

    My first visit to your site. Fun write.

    By Blogger susan, at 6:27 AM  

  • Someone once told me that the worst thing you can experience is the worst thing you HAVE experienced.
    Makes foul things more relative, I think.
    I've had loads of paper cuts. That's foul.

    By Blogger anthonynorth, at 6:58 AM  

  • enjoyed reading your post.. the bit abt the bike...hilarious!!!... hope your friend feels better soon...

    By Blogger little wing writer, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home