Chalk Box

Friday, February 24, 2006

New Romantics

I've just been informed that one of my short stories may be appearing in an anthology: a collection of short stories with a theme of male/male romantic (and erotic) fiction, which would be published some time in 2007. More news if it goes ahead.

I'm trying to work on two new books at the moment. One is a novel about a celebrity juror, a taxidermy convention, and a pack of wild timberwolves in the woods outside Greater London.


The second is an offbeat romance about an artist named Beatrice, her acrobat ex-lover, and a scandal involving a 15 year old boy life-model.


I'm editing the first and have just started writing the second. Romance is a brand new genre to me and it's a lot harder than it looks. You really have to immerse yourself in a genre in order to write it, and it can't really be done tongue in cheek. So I'm having to find romances to read which I can respect and admire, and try to live up to.

As I said, harder than it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home